Sustainability in Your Home
Sustainable construction is not just the future of building, it's the present.
One way All American Exteriors supports sustainable construction is by promoting doors made with recycled materials in some of our wood composite interior doors.
What Does Sustainability Mean?
According to the World Commission on Environment and Development, sustainability is
"meeting the needs of the present generations without compromising the ability of future generations
to meet their needs." That's why it's so important. There are a number of things we
all can do to ensure resources for the future including:
- Create multi-use spaces to maximize efficiency and minimize energy consumption
- Plan the placement of windows and doors to maximize the use of nature
- Sunlight for light and warmth
- Trees for shade
- Fresh air for ventilation and air-flow
- Install energy efficient windows and glass doors to add comfort and save on utility usage
- Add weatherstrip to all entries to add comfort and save on utility usage
- Use safe, healthy materials and avoiding toxins wherever possible
- Design and building to last by using quality, durable products
- Look for ENERGY STAR® labels
Of course, maintaining a healthy, sustainable home can be as simple as cleaning or replacing air filters,
or checking all those power uses that may not need to stay on all day or all night.
Environmental stewardship is a journey, and our on-going efforts will remain
directed toward continual improvement of our products, processes and culture.
We do this not because it's popular.
We do it because it's the right thing to do.